OffsAIde
·18 August 2026
Memphis Depay speaks after extending Corinthians deal to 2028

In partnership with
Yahoo sportsOffsAIde
·18 August 2026

Memphis Depay has given his first reaction after agreeing a new Corinthians contract through July 2028, welcoming the chance to continue at Parque São Jorge.
"Many emotions in my head and body. First, I want to thank everyone involved in the renewal. Corinthians are huge, and we are huge together. I am very happy and cannot wait to get back to work, we have many things to fight for," he told Corinthians TV.
The extension followed a turbulent few days. Last week president Osmar Stabile said the club would not renew for financial reasons, then, after heavy fan pressure, he reversed the stance and reopened talks with the forward’s representatives. After Tuesday’s signing, he called it a long negotiation that ended well for both sides and praised Depay’s effort to stay.
Depay visited the CT Dr. Joaquim Grava on Tuesday for individual on-pitch work. He is expected to be in the squad for Thursday’s Libertadores decider against Rosario Central of Argentina. His new deal is already listed on the CBF’s BID, and he is registered for the competition.
He has not played since 25 June, when he featured for the Netherlands in a 3-1 win over Tunisia in the World Cup group stage. After Morocco eliminated the Dutch in the knockouts, he was given a rest and observed Corinthians’ recess during the calendar pause.
During the break, he maintained fitness work with coach Diego Pereira, who served on Ramón Díaz’s staff at Corinthians.
Source: Meu Timao
“Artificial intelligence was used to assist in creating this article based on reporting from the original source quoted.”







































